SIGNATURE

FOLLOW ME


JOIN ME ON TWITTER

ADD ME ON FACEBOOK

INSTAGRAM

Instagram

Friday 28 September 2012

Jenkinson - ‘I’m sure my grandad is looking down at me’

Carl Jenkinson has revealed the story behind his message to his grandfather at Armoury Square. The right back hails from a family of lifelong Arsenal fans, and completed a dream move to the Club from Charlton Athletic in July 2011. However, his grandfather was not able to see him play in the famous red-and-white shirt, so he decided to leave the engraved message instead. “I just wanted something for my grandad,” Jenkinson told Arsenal Player. “It has always been a bit of a regret that he has not been able to come to my games since I’ve been at Arsenal. “It is well documented that my dad is a massive Arsenal fan but grandad was just the same, and I was very close to him. “It's a regret that he has not been able to watch me, but I am sure he is looking down at how things are going for me and the fact I’m playing for Arsenal.” Jenkinson’s message lies among hundreds of others at Armoury Square and he feels an strong affinity with the Club’s fans. “I am a fan of this Club and that will never change,” he said. “I am just lucky enough to have been given the ability and the chance to play for my club. “I was going to watch Arsenal the same as the fans were and [now] just count myself very lucky to represent them as a fan who has become a player. “It doesn't come around very often and I just feel privileged and honoured to be that person.”

No comments:

Post a Comment